There are TONS of things to do in the Crosslake area, you won’t be bored!
- FUN: There are many shops in downtown Crosslake, which is about 10 minute drive. Downtown Nisswa is also a favorite of ours which is about a 20 minute drive.
- Groceries: Reed’s market in Crosslake. https://reedsmarket.com/
- Co-Op: Ideal Market Co-Op – great fresh produce! Only 5 minutes from cabin. http://idealgreenmarket.com/
- Meat: Grand Champion Meats, Crosslake: https://www.grandchampionmeats.com/
- Pharmacy: Crosslake Drug. http://www.crosslakedrug.com/
- Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike trails: ~30 minute drive. 30 miles of singletrack trails, considered to be the best in the state. Absolutely amazing riding. https://www.cuyunalakesmtb.com/
- Paul Bunyan Paved Trail. This is a 120 mile paved rail-trail that connects Brainerd to Bemidji. Best place to access from the cabin is at the city park in Jenkins, 15 minute drive. https://www.paulbunyantrail.com/
- Road/Gravel riding: Miles of both paved and gravel roads near the cabin – just explore! If you are looking for a route, contact me.
- GREAT fishing in Star Lake/Ossie Chain, otherwise there are 100’s of lakes nearby. Pleasant and Strawberry lakes which are both within 10 minutes are also stocked with trout and accessible by Canoe/Kayak.
Uppgaard Wildlife Management Area:
- A short 1.5 mile walk from the cabin. This is a 110 mile tract of land owned by the DNR that has several miles of hiking trails, and is landscaped specifically to attract wildlife. https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/wmas/detail_report.html?id=WMA0142800
Boating on the Whitefish chain:
- The Whitefish chain is considered to be one of the premier lake chains in Minnesota – not quite as quiet/pristine as Star lake though. There are 2 public accesses less than 10 minutes away on either Cross Lake or Clamshell Lake that will get you onto the chain.